West Whiteland Township has established guidelines for special events that engage the broad community and make use of Township-owned grounds and park facilities. Examples of special events include, but are not limited to festivals; street parades; running, walking or bicycle races.
Please provide the Township with information regarding your event AT LEAST 60 days prior to the event date, and before publicizing the event.
In general, if you answer "Yes" to several of the following questions, your event may be considered a special event. Please contact Ed Culp and he will let you know if you need to submit a Special Events Worksheet (plus a processing fee of $90):
- Is the event open to the public?
- Are you are expecting a large group of people (50+)?
- Do you need to close or cross a road?
- Are you selling food?
- Do you plan to set up a large tent, stage or other structure?
- Do you need support from park, police or fire staff?
Special Events Checklist and Helpful Links