Non-Residential Trash, Recycling & Sewer Billing
Non-residential properties include commercial and industrial properties, schools, churches and the fire department. Sewer charges for these properties are based on water volume usage the Township collects from Aqua to ensure that the sewer bill is commensurate with the actual sewage generated.
Non-residential property owners will be billed quarterly, according to the following schedule:
|Billing Period||Billing Date (Mailed on or before)||Due Date|
|4th Quarter 2021||Friday, February 11, 2022||Wednesday, March 16, 2022|
|1st Quarter 2022||Friday, April 22, 2022||Wednesday, May 25, 2022|
|2nd Quarter 2022||Friday, July 29, 2022||Wednesday, August 31, 2022|
|3rd Quarter 2022||Friday, October 21, 2022||Wednesday, November 30, 2022|
|4th Quarter 2022||Friday, February 17, 2023||Wednesday, March 22, 2023|
- You can manage your account online through the Invoice Cloud payment portal. Please note, this is a new system in 2022. If you have set up automatic payments in the past, you will need to recreate those payment preferences on the Invoice Cloud platform.
- Pay by credit card with no added fee.
- Sign up for recurring payment using ACH.
- Push payment from your bank's bill pay module.
- Set preferences for payment reminders and other account details.
- Pay by check using the bill and envelope you received in the mail. Send payment to: West Whiteland Township; PO Box 8379; Lancaster, PA 17604. Wondering why the check goes to a Lancaster address? This is the address for the bank that processes the payments on the Township's behalf.
- You may also make a payment by phone or check your account balance 24/7 with the automated phone service. Call (866)321-0827.
Property Owner Responsibility & Penalties
As a reminder, it is the responsibility of all property owners to supply the Township with your correct billing address. Updates to your billing address must be received in writing or by e-mail from the property owner of record.
For properties with tenants, it is the property owner’s responsibility to receive and pay the sewer bill. We are not able to bill the tenant directly as serious delinquency can result in a lien being placed on the property.
A 10% penalty will be applied to any installment balance remaining after the due date.
Any sewer and recycling accounts that remain delinquent after 90 days may be subject to Collections at which point additional collections and legal costs may apply. Balances from previous years in the collection process with Portnoff are not reflected in the current bill.
Interpreting Your Bill
If Description = WELL or FIXED*
- Properties with well water are billed based on the equivalent dwelling units (EDUs) assigned to the property.
- *If we have not been able to locate a property’s Aqua meter to acquire a precise usage amount, the property is billed based on the EDUs assigned to the property (noted as unit on the bill). Please contact us at 484-875-6025 if you have Aqua water service and receive a bill based on a fixed amount.
- Rate is calculated as EDUs (units) * $71.25/quarter
If Description = SEWER METER
- Units column: EDUs for property
- Flat column: $71.25/quarter for the first 8,000 gallons
- Usage column: $9.00/thousand gallons in excess of 8,000 gallons
To request a sewer certification, please email us or call 484-875-6025. The sewer certification fee is $40 per request. Please allow the Township at least two weeks to process your request.