Residential Sewer, Trash & Recycling Billing
Homeowners that are connected to the Township sewer system and whose trash and recycling is collected by the Township’s contracted hauler will receive one bill for both services. This bill covers the calendar year, January 1 - December 31.
Residential Sanitary Sewer Fee: $285
Recycling Fee: $89 (includes bulk, yard waste and Christmas tree pick-up)
- You can manage your account online through the Invoice Cloud payment portal. Please note, this is a new system in 2022. If you have set up automatic payments in the past, you will need to recreate those payment preferences on the Invoice Cloud platform.
- Pay by credit card with no added fee.
- Sign up for recurring payment using ACH.
- Push payment from your bank's bill pay module.
- Set preferences for payment reminders and other account details.
- Pay by check using the bill and envelope you received in the mail. Send payment to: West Whiteland Township; P.O. Box 8379; Lancaster, PA 17604. Wondering why the check goes to a Lancaster address? This is the address for the bank that processes the payments on the township's behalf.
- You may also make a payment by phone or check your account balance 24/7 with the automated phone service. Call (866)321-0827.
Pay in Full or in Three Installments
Bills for each twelve-month period will be mailed annually on or before June 1 and include the option to pay in full or in three equal installments over the course of the year. Residents selecting three equal installments will be billed for each installment. If applicable, the bills will be prorated based on the date of service for new sewer connections.
|Residential Payment Dates - 2022|
|Sewer & Trash/Recycling||Sewer Only||Trash/Recycling Only|
|Pay in full||July 13||$374||$285||$89|
|Installment 1||July 13||$124.67||$95||$29.67|
|Installment 2||September 14||$124.67||$95||$29.67|
|Installment 3||November 16||$124.66||$95||$29.66|
A 10% penalty will be applied to any installment balance remaining after the due date.
Any sewer and recycling accounts that remain delinquent after 90 days may be subject to Collections at which point additional collections and legal costs may apply and a lien can be placed on your property. Balances from previous years in the collection process with Portnoff are not reflected in the current bill.
It is not necessary for new property owners to register with the Township. We receive this information when the property deed is put in your name and we automatically make the adjustment to the bill. This happens with new construction as well as resale. There is no disruption in trash and recycling curbside pick-up when a home changes ownership.
If a property owner moves out of the property but remains the owner of the property, it is that property owner's responsibility to supply the Township with your correct (new) billing address. Please email us to update your billing address.
Note: There is not an option to shut off your sewer/recycling service for a period of time (for instance, if the house will be vacant). You pay for the full 12 months as long as you are the property owner.
Summary of Services
Sanitary Sewer: All property owners that do not have onsite septic are connected to the Township sewer system and are billed for the service.
Trash and Recycling: All homeowners, with the exception of apartments and some townhouse developments, participate in the residential trash and recycling program and are billed annually for the recycling service. The purchase of trash bags at local retailers pays for trash collection through the Township pay-as-you-throw program.