Codes - Permits & Inspections
Operations During COVID-19 Restrictions
The Codes Department will continue to accept and approve building plans while Township offices are closed and the Governor’s order prohibiting construction remains in effect. You may drop off permits or plans in the vestibule of the Township building, near the Community Room (facing the parking lot).
Inspections will be conducted for work that receives a waiver from the state, as long as written documentation of the waiver is provided.
If contractors have questions or wish to schedule an inspection for work that has a state waiver or is an emergency, call Mark Moses at 610-636-3350.
General InformationThe Codes Administration Department administers the Township's building construction regulations, including zoning reviews and use and occupancy permits; fire prevention inspections of commercial and residential rental properties; emergency management coordination; and enforcement of other non-police codes.
The department contributes to the Township's goal of improving West Whiteland's quality of place through the following goals and actions:
- Safe community, with low crime and attention to fire prevention: Continue aggressive fire prevention through inspections, public outreach/education, thorough plan review and inspections.
- Professionally enforced codes to ensure safe buildings and attractive neighborhoods: Assign all permits for new developments to specific inspectors to improve efficiency and accountability in reviews and inspections; cross-train with other inspectors to ensure consistency. Recommend Township ordinance amendments to address matters of life safety.
NOTE: Contractors are not required to register with the Township.
- What types of work or uses require a permit?
- What are the permit fees?
- How long does it take for permit approvals?
- What are the inspection requirements?
- What is needed for submittal of a new residential building, addition, or renovation?
- What do I need for a deck permit?
- How do I know when I need a Building and Zoning Permit?